Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TCHO: Mango Morsels

It finally got a little cold here in DC. Not THAT cold, but cold enough that I actually had to pull out running tights this weekend and didn’t train in shorts. Wind chills in the teens will do that. Go figure. And while I like some nice, chilly winter weather, a small part of me longs for summer days.

Not a nasty, sticky, polluted DC summer day with 120 F heat index days. But a tropical summer day on the beach with mango-based drinks. So let’s get to the next big thing: Chocolate-covered mango. Specifically, TCHO’s mango morsels drenched in dark chocolate, described as “the best raisinets you ever tasted, but better.”


The pieces have a mild fruity aroma with a hint of citrus, and a coffee undertone.




The chocolate, with citrus, creamy, and nutty flavors, has a quick melt, revealing the tart mango below. This slightly sweet tart flavor is complemented by the ideal texture of the mango – not dry, and not sticky or chewy, but rather a bit soft and tender – so soft, in fact, that near the end, it nearly dissolves. The chocolate to fruit ratio is ideal, and the pieces are nice and small to allow for a prolonged enjoyment of these.

Sadly, TCHO is in San Francisco, and while you can find their bars in DC, I haven’t found these.

Also, it’s still not summer, and I am not at the beach. Tragic.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, these look so good, I am emailing my friends in SF right now, I need them to get these for me ASAP.

    ReplyDelete